Bpharma is a four-year undergraduate professional course that is divided into eight semesters in the field of medicine. There are many subjects in which core subjects including pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacology, and others. It is the precondition for becoming a pharmacist or chemist. We know that with the help of this course, a student becomes familiar with the production as well as the manufacturing of drugs. After the manufacturing of drugs, the student also gets knowledge about the distribution of the drugs across the country. We know that the pharmaceutical industry is an ever-growing industry, and there is a very big demand for pharma students. This industry is an ever-booming industry even when there is a decline in the economy of the country. This course is managed and regulated by a body called the pharmacy council of India.
Bachelor of Pharmacy
12th Class with Minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
Pharmacy Council Of India
50,000 – 1,50,000
3.5 – 7 lakhs Per Annum
UPSEE, MH-CET , WBJEE , IPU CET
Drug Inspector, Pharmacist, Wholesaler, and Others.
Admission is a process in bpharma that differs from college to college because different colleges have different admission criteria. There are mainly two criteria for admission in which one is through merit-based admission and the other is through entrance exam score-based admission. In Merit based admission is considered on the basis of scores in the 12th board examination and in entrance exam-based admission, the marks which a student scores in the exams are considered as the basis of admission.
The Eligibility Criteria are the minimum criteria for admission in a given course in a college and it varies from college to college. Here is the list of criteria which is followed by most colleges for admission to the pharmacy course.
- There are minimum eligibility criteria that are followed by almost all colleges and universities which ask for is that the students who are applying for B Pharmacy need to pass the 12th examination with a minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Math from a recognized board.
- There are some colleges that also accept those students who have studied biotechnology or life sciences instead of biology or math in the class 12th board examination.
- There are numerous colleges in India that take marks in English into consideration while taking admission to colleges such as BITS Pilani, JSS College of Pharmacy, and Amity College of Pharmacy.
- There are National-level as well as state-level entrance examinations are also conducted across India and different states to check students’ aptitude and ability for admission.
- However, there are different admission criteria that vary from college to college. Few of them take admission solely which is based on merit whereas others take students admission based on entrance scores and marks obtained in their 12th board examination.
Difference Between B. pharma and D. pharma
Bachelor Of Pharmacy
Diploma Of Pharmacy
Level of Education
Physics, Chemistry, Biology
Physics, Chemistry, Biology
Class 12th Examination with Minimum 50% marks
Class 10+2 Examination with Minimum 50% Marks
Entrance Exams Accepted
BITSAT, EAMCET, WBJEE, MET, UPSEE, and Others
EAMCET and other state-level Exams.
Process of Applying for Admission to Pharmacy College:
Here is the step-by-step Guide one can apply for admission to a pharmacy college
- One must know the starting and ending date of the application form for the course.
- One must go to the official website of the college and fill out the application form.
- One should sign up for the Entrance Exam.
- One should check the form finally before submission.
- And repeat the same process for the other college’s application form.
Job Opportunities in B. pharma Vs D. pharma Course
B.Pharma Career Options
D.Pharma Career Options
Pharmacist in a Hospital
Drug Inspector In a Hospital
Open a medical shop
Work in a medical shop
Public Testing Lab
Work In a manufacturing company
Quality Control Manager
Work in an Education Segment
B.pharma Entrance Exam
We know that admission in bpharma is on two basis which includes a merit basis and an entrance exam basis. Many top pharmacy colleges take admission of students on the basis of the exam. Here is the list of a few entrance exams for admission to Bpharma colleges:
Name of Entrance Exam
Name of Conducting Body
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University
Gujarat Secondary Examination Board
State Common Entrance Test Cell of Maharashtra
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Bharti Vidhyapeeth University
Karnataka Examination Authority
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board
Top Pharmacy Colleges in India
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Ahmedabad
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Science and Research , Delhi
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science , Pilani
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Raebareli
- Panjab University
- Poona College Of Pharmacy
We at Careerthirst help students who are seeking admission to top pharmacy colleges across India. We with the help of our expert counselor guide students to get to their dream college as per their location and their entrance exam score. So if you are searching for the best pharmacy across different locations in India like Delhi NCR, Pune, Bangalore, or other cities. Don’t worry we are here to help you in getting your dream college.